DFPS courses helping employees to ensure children and older adults live free of abuse, neglect and exploitation. They do this by focusing on these areas:
- Investigating abuse, neglect and exploitation of older adults and people with disabilities.
- Investigating abuse and neglect of children.
- Placing children in foster care and helping foster children transition to adulthood.
- Seeing that eligible children are adopted.
- Licensing child care operations and investigating complaints.
- Promoting programs that prevent abuse, neglect and juvenile delinquency.
- Receiving statewide reports of abuse, neglect and exploitation.